on 26 July 2012
I belong to the group of people who have been given a BT Home Hub 3 when they got their internet connection. The Home Hub is a very good looking device but a poor performer as a router.

I have two wireless access points at home and one day I decided that I had enough of the continuous WiFi disconnections on my laptop, trouble with mobile phone WiFi connection, and so forth. After some research I found this dual bander router, which I have chosen as the 5GHz band is absolutely free in my neighbourhood.

I'll be straight to the point: this router is absolutely brilliant. If you are just an modest intermediate computer user, you can set it up without even reading the user manual. In my case I didn't want to fiddle too much with passwords and settings on all my clients so I just copied the BT Home Hub settings and pasted in the relevant boxes of the new access point.

When I unplugged the BT Home Hub and plugged this one in, it worked immediately. The only thing that failed was the NTP connection from my server, this is because it needed to have the DNS server set for this router (the hub requires weird settings), which I fixed in less than a minute.

If you are not experienced, the user manual will lead you through the settings.

How does it work then? Very well, both on 2.4GHz, where I have no more disconnections, and on 5GHz. Brilliant, as I said.

WARNING: if you are looking for a modem/router/access point, you are looking at the wrong product. This device require an ethernet feed and NOT a phone lead.
0Comment| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.