Learn more Download now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Prime Deals - Up to 50% off great movies Prime Deals - Up to 50% off great movies Prime Deals - Up to 50% off great movies Learn more Shop Fire Shop Now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

on 24 March 2013
This was easy to set up with the Raspberry Pi. I bought this because the headphone jack on the RPI was crackling/popping and in general seemed to have a lot of static background noise.

I plugged it in, and it was detected when I had a look at "dmesg". To set it up, I edited /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf and commented out the line that said "options snd-usb-audio index=-2". After a reboot, the USB became the default sound hardware. Running "speaker-test" didn't inspire any confidence as it did nothing, but using a music player like "mpd" or "mpg321" worked perfectly.

One thing to note - the volume was extremely loud for me. I had to open "alsamixer" and lower the volume all the way to 2.

My current setup is that I am running from the RPI, it's connected to a speaker and plays music all day long via mpd.
4 people found this helpful