on 29 January 2011
Pros:
Firstly, the webcam requires no set-up whatsoever, simply plug it in and go- very nice!
Secondly, the sound and picture quality is just fine, in fact, I was quite impressed. It's a cheap webcam and I did not have high expectations. However, I found that the sound quality was good and the video reasonably sharp- it also doesn't appear to freeze or pixelate when you move, which is good.

Cons:
The problem with this webcam is that the cable, while it is a good length, is too stiff and heavy, and the ball joint too loose; the webcam points toward the ceiling when attached to the top of my laptop- not impressed! I did find that continually bending the cable near the webcam helps somewhat, to make the wire more flexible so that it doesn't tip itself quite so badly, but it is not ideal and the inconsistancy of the device's ability to hold itself in place is a major flaw and, surely, one that would be relatively easy to fix?

Conclusion:
If the webcam would actually point where I would like it to, it would almost certainly have achieved at least 4 stars from me, however I am not greatly impressed with how long it took for me to get the camera to stay in the position I want it to, and how careful I have to be to make it remain that way, to save further hassle having to re-adjust it when it moves. Being that it was so cheap, I am giving it 3 stars- you get what you pay for, I guess!
33 Comments| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?