on 29 December 2013
I read a lot of reviews before I buy any game, and this time was no different.

Most of the reviews I read online by professional games critics used the phrase 'nothing new or innovative'.

But after actually playing the game myself, I've asked myself if that is even a bad thing?

This game builds upon classic and tested features of RPG games, and it does it extremely well.

The combat is extremely satisfying. You have the (always switchable) choice between 3 combat styles - and I'm sure you can guess what these are. Yep - magic, stealth and armour.

The dialogue can sometimes be hit and miss but is usually interesting and sometimes quite funny.

The lore in this game is amazing. The developers clearly spent a long time creating the world and inventing its history. In most other RPGs I simply skip over lore dialogue and don't bother reading the in-game books, but not in Amalur.

This game is a real immersive and enjoyable RPG, and I've had a great time playing.
3 people found this helpful