on 28 August 2013
I have never written a review before, but thought I would, as other people's reviews helped with my choice to buy this camera. I'll admit I only received it yesterday and I am by no means an expert of photography. But I have been playing with it ever since, and as someone arty and very snap happy, I am so pleased with it and every photo I have taken gives me great pleasure.

Bought mainly to photograph my new baby, but as baby is not yet here I have been experimenting with the settings (there is even a baby setting). I have taken some beautiful photos with it. The optical zoom is mind-baffling, I didn't know it was possible to take photos from that far away, it is almost scary. The close up photos are amazing, I feel like an artist but really it is just the camera doing the work. So far I have experimented mostly outdoors in natural light, but from what I have seen of the flash and the lighting at night so far, it seems to be excellent. The photos I have taken of my dog are beautiful, including some hilarious action shots. I managed to take a photo of a beautiful sunset over the sea through the window of a car moving at 60mph, and the photo is beautiful. What I wanted in particular was a camera that took a photo as soon as you hit the shutter button, so what you see is what you photograph, and this camera does exactly that.

In addition, the battery life is great from what I can see. I have been playing with it almost constantly since it arrived yesterday at about 3pm, and it hasn't gone down a bar yet. I chose this one as I could not afford the FZ200. My friend came to stay having just bought the FZ200, so I was worried I would not be getting as good a camera. But, although I am sure there must be differences, I cannot notice any difference in the photo quality.

I genuinely haven't a clue how this rates for photography fanatics who truly know their stuff, but this is well worth the money for those wanting to photograph life more beautifully and to learn about photography. Looking at other people's photos taken with this camera that they have uploaded on here helped me to make my decision, so I will try and upload some of mine.
review imagereview imagereview image