on 1 December 2012
I dont know. I guess Im just hard to please but even with all the extras on this Blu-ray Im still just a bit disappointed.

The movie itself is great stuff, if a little bloated, but I've actually enjoyed it more after a second sitting. I do think it tries to fit too much in (I kind of thought that of TDK too, suffering slightly from Spiderman 3 syndrome) but it does it with such bombast and sheer scale that I dont really care. An epic end to a great film trilogy.

The Blu-ray video and audio presentation is, as I would expect, fantastic! Pretty much every new release these days comes out with top notch visual and sound quality and its no different here. Its hard for me to spot any slight quality differences on my 42" TV but this looks just as good as my Prometheus or Avengers Blu's. Sharp, detailed, solid and pretty much just as I remember it from the cinema in the summer.

Its the extras then where this release falls short for me. Dont get me wrong there is a wealth of extras, amounting to about 3 hours or so of behind the scenes and production features, which are great but I just think an audio commentary or two would have rounded out the package superbly. Nolan usually includes something of this type with the home release of his movies so maybe Im being set up for a double dip and well get this later. However, thats my reason for knocking a star off this score.

So, in conclusion. As a Blu-ray package, for me, its not quite WOW like other movie releases I've gotten recently but its still a top quality edition of a real blockbuster superhero movie with excellent video and audio presentation.

Farewell Dark Knight.....enter stage left.....the new Justice League Batman................
9 people found this helpful