on 24 February 2014
Amazon does not show that I have this book but I have the exact same hardcover but it was gifted to me for Christmas as a gift. I have also read the Ill-made knight and the writing format are very much the same. The depth and detail with the progression of the story which can be shared to the reader is astounding as in just a couple of pages many different locations can be discovered and many months and even years could pass. Firstly the amount of detail that has gone into this book is astounding and would take me If I tried to write in the same style, many years to complete, more likely more than 3-4 years.

There are also many new characters and old characters introduced and I found this to be a book I very much liked and would recommend to anyone a fan of this Authors books, however I would think twice before recommending to readers who dislike the long readings and depth or detail. The way this format is written is on-par with Robert Jordan's style however I find Cameron's style more immersing and presented differently. Whereas Jordan's was a story where the characters themselves were from a view of themselves in the exact moment like watching a movie, Cameron has a older self of the character tell the story to you and his friends and family sat around him telling them of the good old times!

It is like a journal of a great ancient Greek man who lived to tell his tales to his children's children of great adventures and places so far away and exotic.

If you read the previous books in this series I would highly recommend to buy this book because in my opinion this is my favourite way in which a book tells it story with not too much but enough detail to satisfy my hunger for information and most defiantly a much needed special treat instead of the dull, mostly dull, template of 400 pages of short reading in a tiny thin paperback.

Money well spent I say to anyone who buys the hardcover with 10/10 all round performance in delivery, condition and reading experience.
What's this?