on 7 October 2013
This is the second book I've read by Gareth P. Jones and everything that I loved about the first is still there. It amazes me how he can write a story told from so many character perspectives and, as a reader, you don't struggle to follow.

The writing is beautiful and really brings everything to life and the characters, oh my - how varied and fascinating, my particular favourite was Mr Hayman. Also Mondriat and Olwyn need a mention, especially Olwyn - clever. The ending to this book is so brilliant.

There are a lot of main characters in The Society of Thirteen and I think maybe there are a few too many. Don't get me wrong, they are really interesting and I'd probably be hard pressed to choose who shouldn't be in this book but I didn't care as much about Esther and Tom as I wanted and I'm wondering if that's because I too distracted by everyone else.

High enjoyable, mysterious and wonderful, The Society of Thirteen is a book well worth reading but if you asked me I'd still tell you to read Constable & Toop first.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details