on 25 February 2002
I bought this album after getting Dude Ranch and I was surprised, nearly every aspect of the album had been improved.
It started with Dumpweed, a classic song, preferred live, I thought the album was fairly decent at this point, and then I was blown away. Don't Leave Me was astounding, it blew me away. Then it passed into Aliens Exist, filled with clever lyrics, then Going Away To College played and I was surprised once again, Mark's seriousness kicks in and you are enchanted by this tale of 'Going Away To College', then my favourite track 'What's My Age Again' played, with the tale of a guy who still feels like a teenager, acting like life is a game, "my friends say i should act my age, whats my age again, whats my age again?", Dynsentery Gary then speaks of losing yer gal to some pitiful guy, followed by one of Blink's saddest songs, Adams Song was written when a teenager sent a letter to Blink182 before committing suicide, they wrote a song to commemorate 'Adam'. The next song 'All The Small Things' is a brilliant poke at boy bands and sell-outs, and the video helps this so well. Hilarious. The quick-paced 'Party Song' tells the tale of Mark going to a party which is full of stereotypical teenagers, and (coincidentally)the girl of his dreams.
'Mutt' looks at looking beneath the layers and cr*p piled up in a relationship.
Basically, the album is a great look at life, with sad songs like 'Adam's Song' and catchy fun anthems like 'What's My Age Again' it's a memorable buy.
0Comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?