Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - U2 Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 12 November 2010
I first discovered this book as it was recommended to me by a friend, and I have not looked back since, it is a definite page turner, and a highly inspirational read. It is an autobiographical novel written by Yorkshireman Rory Miller from South Elmstall about his experiences of hitch hiking across America and Mexico, desperately searching for meaning in his life after falling into depression, spending his time early on in the book lounging around the house, drinking and watching too much television. He decides to book a one-way ticket to New York, and the ensuing story tells of his experiences following his dream of travelling across America during the late 90's. His exciting adventures include stories of love, friendship, booze and drug fuelled escapades, frequent brushes with the law, and the many colourful characters he meets along the way.

This man has a genuine talent for writing, and makes you almost believe that it is you living these experiences first hand. He writes in a very witty and colourful style, which is from the heart, and he conceals nothing from the reader. I almost feel as though I know more about Rory than I do about some of my best friends, and this says a lot I think about the honesty of the man. This is something I think which makes the reader so emotionally invested in the story, feeling all of the highs and lows of the writer in equal measure throughout his journey.

Having read this book, I feel as though it has and will help me to achieve so many of my dreams in life, it really is that inspirational. I, just like many others have been through stages of depression, and sometimes what we need is a proverbial kick up the bum in order to climb out of the hole which we have dug for ourselves. Whatever your goals and dreams, I am confident that this book will inspire you and really make you think about what you want from life. Never has a book affected me so much to strive for a positive change in mine. This is not just a fantastic novel, it is also, perhaps unintentionally, a brilliant self help book. Rory Miller deserves much recognition for this brilliant piece of work. Bravo Rory! 5 stars *****

Buy the book, pass it on, tell all of your friends. You will never regret your decision, I can promise you this.
What's this?