on 17 April 2012
Andy Abraham is hands down one of the best male vocalists in the country and his latest album Remember When... is a terrific soul record, paying tribute to some of the greatest soul tunes ever written.

It's fantastic to have his powerful, contemporary and passionate interpretations of all these soul classics, such as Marvin Gaye's 'Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology)' and Stevie Wonder's 'As'. Something about Andy Abraham's voice gets me every time... I'm not saying it makes me well up exactly, but it gets me right at the core and can really stop me in my tracks. It's something about the emotion he puts into every note he sings and it really shines through.

I'm not kidding when I say I've played this record every evening for the past two weeks as I relax after work with a glass of wine. What I really love about this album is the deluxe format of a hardback book AND CD. It's fascinating to read about why Andy has chosen each of these songs for the record and gets me thinking about what these songs mean to me too. I can't believe no-one has thought of doing this kind of thing before as it's a truly wonderful package.
What's this?