on 6 February 2014
This is my first venture into the world of hi-fi separates, and I'm not disappointed at all.

Initially I had read some fairly negative comments about Cambridge Audio on a few "audiophile" websites, however, I also saw that the same people criticising budget equipment were actually spending hundreds of pounds on speaker cable, how could budget hi-fi equipment possibly compare to their stuff? It doesn't, so I ignored it and took a chance.

I have mine set up to play:

- Music streamed from my Apple Airport Express connected using a QED 3.5mm Jack to RCA interconnect
- Sound from my Apple TV (I needed to buy a Fisual Toslink cable and a FiiO D03K DAC to do this, only cost me £35)
- Sound from DVD Player via a QED RCA interconnect
- Laptop to amp via a Cambridge Audio DacMagic XS DAC via a Fisual headphone extension cable.

I bought a pair of Tannoy Mercury V1i speakers. They work very well with the Am 10, and as they are compact stand-mount loudspeakers they take up hardly any space at all!

The speakers are connected to the amp using 2 meter lengths of QED Silver Anniversary-XT speaker cable, which I find to work very well.

So, for not an obscene amount of money I have a hi-fi system that I'm very happy with!
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details