5.0 out of 5 stars DUSTY SINGS THEM BETTER, 1 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Dusty Heard Them Here First (Audio CD)
On most of the tracks Dusty's versions are superior. All tracks sound great except The Chiffons who sound rather muffled. Excellent sleeve notes with the exception of one glaring mistake obviously a typo as the song title does not make sense but we know what it is anyway!

Very unusual shot of Dusty on the front sleeve, hope the cat did not jump on the record that's playing on Dusty's record player.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 22 Mar 2014, 09:05:03 GMT
R. Gardener says:
Sorry totally disagree I'm not doubting Dusty's ability one bit she was a fine songstress. But I'm sure even she would agree when it came to these guys she was always the follower her interpretations were great but not a patch on these originals. Let's remove the rose tinted glasses hey.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Mar 2014, 10:13:48 GMT
K. Johansen says:
Personally I don't give a fig if you disagree, there are my opinions with NO rose tinted glasses. Yes, in the early days Dusty did always doubt her ability but she still nailed the songs 101%. I feel the originals pale in comparision. If you want to think otherwise wearing your rose tinted glasses then go ahead on!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Apr 2014, 13:44:59 BST
Private says:
If you are going to put your 'opinions' out there - as published on amazon - then you need to be more receptive of the opinions of others. Having looked at your response to previous comments, you are always very defensive, sometimes aggressive and quite often rude (" ... I don't give a fig"). R. Gardener makes a good point - the originals were often, if not always, better. Let's see how you respond to this comment ...

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Apr 2014, 22:28:57 BST
Last edited by the author on 13 Apr 2014, 22:32:54 BST
K. Johansen says:
If that's what you want to think be my guest, I am entitled to my opinions just as much as you, I make reviews on my tastes I don't ask for your or anyone else's opinions. Whether you think R. Gardener makess a good point or not does not affect mine, you will see 4 out of 5 agree with me but I also notice neither of you have reviewed this yourself but chosen to criticise me.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 May 2014, 23:01:03 BST
Private says:
Your response to my comments is exactly as expected ... petulant and rude. As I said previously, if you are going to publish your opinions, then don't take offence when others don't agree with you. It seems you are happy to spout your views on the artists you like but cannot bear it if others disagree. Try to remain civil. It costs nothing.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 May 2014, 10:40:27 BST
Last edited by the author on 16 May 2014, 11:11:36 BST
K. Johansen says:
Listen up, I have spent my whole life being nice to people but for you I will make an exception! Explain where in my reply was I petulant or rude? Also where have you been it took you a month to concoct your ridiculous response. I also note you have still not taken the time to review this cd but again criticise me. If others choose to disagree so what, it's a free country.
I also note you have taken this as a crusade as the person I responded to in the first place isn't making a fuss - only you and while I'm here you don't even give a name apart from Private, that says it all!

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Jun 2014, 07:59:45 BST
Private says:
"Listen up"???? I rest my case. You are very, very rude, and aggressive. Learn to moderate your response and, whilst doing so, I suggest you get professional help. From the way you respond to people, I am firmly of the belief you need it.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Jun 2014, 08:45:35 BST
Last edited by the author on 23 Jun 2014, 15:51:40 BST
K. Johansen says:
So what are you a doctor? How come you only reply every month are you possibly in therapy at all other times? If am am rude what does that make you? Extremely insulting in my book!
I actually feel sorry for you, most of your very few reviews are negative just like the writer!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›