VINE VOICEon 22 February 2004
This was the first book I read by Stephen King and it got me hooked. I received it as a birthday gift and I must admit that I was a little disappointed. I thought it wasn't my kind of book. How wrong I was!
I started reading it eventually out of sheer boredom and quickly forgot all my preconceptions. It is a brilliant tale of Ralph, an elderly gent who has a little trouble sleeping after his wife dies. As he sits at his window in the dark of night, he sees things that aren't quite right. Little bald headed men in white doctors coats. He also begins seeing auras around people, or balloon strings as he refers to them.
This is a story of magnific proportions. Ralph and his loyal friend Lois begin a journey of discovery and terror. The Crimson King shows his ugly face once again too. Along the way there is tragedy and romance. This is the first book to ever have made me cry and it's a horror by King!!!
I recommend this to any true King fan and to anyone else who fancies something a bit different. I mean there aren't that many books where the hero is an old guy is there?! Point made I think!
0Comment| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?