on 8 June 2009
I have used video and cine cameras on and off over the last 50 years but have always been more at home shooting stills. Even now the main reason for purchase is to create video links between still images in presentations for distribution to send to family and friends. My first presentations will be about our family history with the video camera being used to animate some of the still images.

I did consider cheaper cameras but the High Definition of the JVC GZ-HD10 meant that it would be a nearer quality match for my still cameras. On a recent visit to Scotland I shot almost 7 hours of video (182 video clips) and I am more than pleased with the image quality.

The one thing it lacks is an eye-level viewfinder which would help me to hold it steady but I have overcome this by buying a cheap chestpod - though when using the camera at the telephoto end of its zoom lens a tripod is a must.

I spent a lot of time considering which features would fulfil my needs and then choosing a camera that has those features. From the uses I have put it to so far that research has more than paid off,
What's this?