VINE VOICETOP 1000 REVIEWERon March 18, 2010
The overfishing of the, no MY seas, has been something close to my heart for a few years, and I bought the book by Charles Clover when it came out. When I heard about this film, I decided to buy the DVD though I knew it might be shown on TV as I wanted to show I cared about it by buying it. This is the most imprtant message of the book, the film, and by me; if you want to show someone you care about it, use your purse power. There is nothing that is going to annoy people more than you refusing to buy fish because you do not know where it came from at a restaurant, or at the supermarket because you know it is is endangered and even that farmed fish are famred by feeding them fish from the sea, and if the fish used to feed them were eaten instead, they could have provided you with more energy if you just ate them instead of producing a bigger species of fish. I know it is complex, no one said it was simple, and though you may not want to change everything, you might see if you can change something; the film gives guides about what to do, and what not to do.

Until we are at the stage where people can take action collectively against government's raping of the seas, including those of the EU, and those of poorer countries of the world exploited by their own government, purse power, combined with debate and spreading the word, are our best tools, so use these! This film will not be the end of the line; pardon the pun, it is just the beginning, it is going to inspire many people to make a change for the better, it already has furthered my determination to do my bit, no matter how small, to make a difference. One person may not make a difference, but if all of you who care about this change the way you shop, and talk about it, you are going to make a difference.
0Comment| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?