on October 27, 2004
When I first heard that they were planning to do a remake of the classic 'Dawn Of The Dead' I have to admit I was a little sceptical, but after watching I couldn't feel anything but impressed... it really is a good film! In the shock n horror department it is very 'in your face', it's violent and gory and it certainly doesn't pull any punches. The storyline moves along well, though I felt that unlike the original it didn't really give much indication as to how much time had passed, however this is a minor gripe and isn't enough to spoil an excellent horror movie.
So is it as good as the original? Well I'm not going to enter that arena, you can make up your own mind, but I'm willing to bet that there are an awful lot of diehard George A Romero fans out there who might slam this remake publicly... but secretly love it.
Highly recommended - especially for fans of the genre (like me!)
0Comment| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?