on 15 October 2002
Am I really only allowed 5 stars?
a sufferer of anorexia and bulimia myself, I have read tons of books about the disease, most of them not helpful at all.
They all work the same way - sufferer comes to hospital, sufferer finds friend, friend dies of disease, sufferer recovers.
In the end, these books did not leave me feeling better about myself, more the opposite.
Rachael Oakes-Ash went through it all but did not need someone to die to show her the way out of disordered eating. She is not forced by a doctor to gain weight while every pound is a pain and confirms to me that only ultralight is the right weight.
No, Oakes-Ash is past that stage, she has grown up and out of it. When she realizes that the perfect body does not exist and happiness can never be achieved by weight loss and an ultra-thin figure she gives up dieting for good and grows back into her size 16 - and is proud of it! Especially the last chapter made me, a 14 myself, really feel good about myself!
It made me just wanting to buy this ultraskimpy top and finally show off my curves! Thanks you Rachael! You really did something for my confidence!
0Comment| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.