VINE VOICEon 30 October 2007
I like Wayne Dyer, he writes some very current books. He is not my favorite author as I sometimes get a bit brain-tied with how he expresses himself. With some thinking though, I've got the message and it's been very useful.

Now this book is lovely. He breaks down the pithy "Tao Te Ching" with 81 little chapters on the wisdom of Lao Tzu. Taoism is based upon the wisdom of Lao Tzu.

What I really like is that the little essays are very digestible and quick to read. One doesn't really feel like racing through the book, which I usually do. Instead I've really enjoyed going over a new verse or two here and there. It's one of those books I feel that one will want to finish, yet is in no hurry to do so. For me a sign of a good book is if it's not picked up in two weeks one still thinks about a quick read of a chapter or two.

Once again I feel Wayne is right on the money with the timing of this book. He's come off the back of the recent, "cosmic law of attraction" and "power of intention" and gone back to an ancient text that is an immortal classic.

The only caveat I will lay down is have a read or listen to Pema Chodron's "good medicine", "meditation", "getting unstuck". One will develop a very quick way to cleanse from self-criticism and enter a purer open mind, embracing all our minds imperfections and realising they are not part of our true being. Then any reference of Wayne's to do this or that will be bypassed and the pure essence of his message will come shining through. Sometimes we all tend to have our filters on, adding little bits of our own beliefs, thereby losing the purity of the cosmic message.

Creator of the Beginner Tai Chi (DVD)
33 Comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.