on 3 August 2011
Felt the urge to write this review to share my own personal experience of this diet and this book.
I saw a colleague a while back now and thought she must be ill as she had lost such a lot of weight so quickly. It is then that I was introduced to this book.
Perhaps you have heard and read loads of negative stuff about this book. My advice is just to ignore all these scaremongering people; who are normally size 10 and quite happy to see you stay at your size 14 or more!
I am a women over forty; fast approaching fifty with two kids. Was I fat; yes; obese; no not really but those size 14 clothes were starting to feel tightish and I was not one bit happy with my chunky look, chunky arms; mumsy look; almost felt well there was nothing to do about it; with age; with the kids.
I am not an enormous eater but picking here and there had put on 10 kg, about one and a half stone in weight over eight years.
So got the book and started. The first day was quite hard as I don't eat red meat; just chicken fish and eggs and I did feel hungry
Followed the first part of the plan for five days; lost weight
Then the second part of the plan; lost more weight
Now on the third consolidation part of the plan
Still losing weight. Now lost one and a half stone reasonably simply I would say
and back to my nine and a half stone look; look skinny almost; feel light and healthy.
What I would say is buy this book if you are serious about getting back to a normal weight. If you are over forty with kids it is perfect. You can and will lose weight
and if; and this is very important; IF you are prepared to follow the plan to a tee; drink the water; eat the oat bran; I make a porridge in the morning; walk; not everyday if you dont want but a few times a week; don't cheat and just hold your head up high and get on with it you will definitely losee weight and keep it off; good luck. Fat and forty - buy this book!
210 people found this helpful