on 11 January 2010
I was lucky enough to recieve a verson of this book dating from before 1912! I am by no means well read, or pretend to be, but Jerome speaks to me from beyond the grave in such a timeless fashion that still leaves me in creases; I will always recommend him. The simple premise of writing an essay on clocks or tea kettles I find hilarious on its own. Where does one start with such a subject let alone make it interesting? Well, If humour be the food of love, read on. His sense of humor is very warm and apart from the odd noun its easy to forget how long ago it was written which impresses me. Alas, I am no fit judge of the writing style, I can rarely sustain a whole book - all those pages! So maybe that speaks for its self in that it is one of a select few that I have read cover to cover, a noble feat! Most books fail around page 19. I know what I like and well written or not this is it.

Why not try the thoughts of an idle fellow too?
0Comment| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.