4.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect but worth it, 12 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Motorola Flip Door Case Cover for Moto G First Generation - Blue (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Just received it today and as my title suggest I was a tad disappointed. Don't get me wrong it does the job fine, the go to sleep and wake function works fine and the fact that it is a new back is a great idea in keeping the phone as slim as possible. my main gripe is that the front panel just feels like a flap, yes it does stay shut and whilst it may not be flimsy it just feels that way, not as premium as I would have liked. The colour of the case is a very subdued blue, not as vibrant as the site suggests. It does it's primary job though in protecting the phone....so I am nit picking somewhat.

Do remember however I have given it 4 stars and when you consider the outrageous prices some manufacturers charge for extras it is still great value more so for me as I had it at the original launch price....I guess due to demand there is a slight premium added nowadays. If you do get it...have fun getting the old back off :-).......fitting the new one though is easy peasy.

Edit after a weeks use. I was too harsh, It should get the five stars it is a joy to use.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 9 Jan 2014, 19:02:45 GMT
What I really want to know is how securely the front stays in place. I've heard that the magnet isn't particularly strong, with the cover getting caught and flipping open/jiggling off-centre. Has anything like that happened to yours? Even though I've just bought a basic cover, I'm still tempted to buy the flip cover because as you said, the integrated nature of it keeps the phone's profile as thin as possible.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Jan 2014, 06:34:39 GMT
Last edited by the author on 13 Jan 2014, 13:46:33 GMT
Donato says:
Cover stays put. It may feel loose but it is designed to fold out of the way for calls. Protects well and worth the money.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jan 2014, 09:25:55 GMT
Lexi says:
Thanks for an informative review, which helped me to decide on buying 2 of the flip cases from Amazon. Glad I was able to get them from Amazon at £18.99 each. As at the present time there appears to be only thirdparty sellers offering them at astronomical prices. I should get them delivered any day now and look forwards to trying them out.

Posted on 19 Jan 2014, 07:20:09 GMT
GertyX says:
I'm looking at the royal blue and wondering. I don't like royal blue but on all my devices it looks a really nice half way between royal and navy blue colour. Is it? I don't know where else to ask!

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jan 2014, 15:42:13 GMT
Last edited by the author on 19 Jan 2014, 15:46:21 GMT
Lexi says:
Hope I can help Gertyx.. I have received both the blue and the red cases. The blue is not what I would describe as royal blue but more like azure blue. The red is not a vivid red but a softer cerise red. Both are very pleasing colours and look very nice. I have ordered the violet case for my daughter which is still on order and I'm sure will be equally as nice. The moto g case really adds that extra something to the smartphone and it is lovely to handle.

Posted on 31 Jan 2014, 19:58:53 GMT
Barbet says:
Could you please tell me if, when you open the cover and someone is calling- it automatically answers the call? Or can you open the cover and then decide whether to take the call or not?

Also, have you found it obstructive when taking the pictures?

So you think it is worth the money? thanks

Posted on 15 Mar 2014, 22:24:22 GMT
lexus says:
yes very over priced . wait and see what happens with the magnet ? could be that its to strong for the phone !!! i have order it anyway the moto g flip case . why argos or 02 did not stock it . who nos maybe because it s that new . but over priced it is. and not even leather . so why the high price . should off come with the phone. now that would have been a deal .
‹ Previous 1 Next ›