on 2 November 2009
BitDefender Internet Security 2009 discovered Trojans on my PC, but could not eliminate them. I found their technical support slow and on occasions they did not reply at all. There is no telephone support that I am aware of. I did find the UK salesperson who sold me a license very useful on one occasion, but that was by email. The technical support solutions involved downloading other programs and sending logs, and, of course, waiting for a further reply. I think the downloaded solutions would have been difficult for someone not so familiar with PCs. I contrast this to my former security package, where staff accessed my PC remotely and solved the problem. On the other hand, Bit Defender is significantly cheaper. After some weeks I was allowed to download BitDefender Internet Security 2010, which seemed to do the trick.

One of the programs Bitdefender got me to download is their own and called AVIS. It checks for malware. I don't recall them suggesting I continue to keep scanning with this. After my PC slowed down I did so and AVIS found and removed several more trojans, which had not shown up on my usual BitDefender scans. This leaves me wondering if BitDefender Internet Security 2010 is effective a) at stopping infections and b) dealing with them. Why don't they integrate AVIS with it?

I can't see myself sticking with BitDefender when my license expires, and if further trojans appear, I may ditch them and go back to my previous security package. It needs more responsive and personal technical customer support, and I need to be convinced that it is as effective and easy to use as the best packages against trojans.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.