on September 22, 2008
With the exception of very twee country music and gangster rap I consider myself as having a very wide musical palette (and album collection to match).
Jazz makes up a small % of that collection and though my taste in music is wide and varied, I'm not easily impressed when it comes to 'versions' of music, a track or song whose original is of the highest standard, Concierto De Aranjuez being a case in point.
But I have to say that when I heard the track Concierto de Aranjuez from Jim Hall's 'Concierto' album, (on Classic Jazz FM at two in the morning) not only did it wake me up (in the nicest of ways), but it totally blew me away, it truly is 'Beautiful'. The soloing by Chet Baker and Paul Desmond is of the highest calibre - with their placing an emphasis on less is more.

Also (like most people) I have to really like something these days before I part with my hard earned cash, but upon hearing that track alone - I knew I had to buy the CD.

Having done so, I can wholeheartedly recommend the whole CD to you.

This is the kind of album that can be played whilst enjoying a long luxurious bath, whilst chilling with friends, wine and good food, or in the wee small hours....etc etc Go On Treat Yourself!
0Comment| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?