on 29 May 2010
I am a member of the online Freeconomy community and have followed Mark's blog through the past year, so I was aware of some of the trials, tribulations, and joys that Mark has faced over the year covered in this book. I bought it because I believe what Mark is doing is both an interesting exploration of modern society (do we really need all this "stuff"?) and a noble philosophy (being free and open, giving with no desire to receive, can benefit us all) and I hoped I would gain some insights into how on earth you can really live without money.

The Moneyless Man asks some difficult questions and while I may not agree with all of the answers, it is a thought-provoking, inspiring, and well written documentary of a year filled with emotional and mental highs and lows. Maintaining a narrative style throughout, it's full of practical advice, thoughts on how we live our lives, and presents well sourced data when necessary without being full of numbers. Oh, and it's funny (and occasionally tragic) too!

It seems that "being the change you want to see" is not just a mantra, but something someone can really do.

[Caveat: I've met Mark and I'm mentioned in this book. Which I did not expect, until he told me!]
0Comment| 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?