on 28 December 2007
yet another "simple" video capture product that doesn't work. I am still trying to find a good product to convert VHS tapes to MPEG on my PC, this looked like one of the better selling ones but, as so often happens with video software, it just doesn't do what it's supposed to.

My cables are all hooked up properly, the VHS Scart out is connected to 3-pin input on the Dazzle hardware converter which goes to USB. However, no matter what settings I try, I keep getting the message "Invalid Input signal".

I've tried the Pinnacle website, carefully followed all their suggestions (which includes helpful hints like "click on the edit tab, then back to the capture tab. This has resolved the error for some users" (! wow that sounds like high-quality software...). I've reinstalled all drivers etc. Nothing. Same error.

I've also scanned every forum out there on this error and there doesn't seem to anyone that has a simple solution.

Still trying to get my head around the fact that there isn't a simple product available for this task, since there must be millions of consumers in the UK looking for one.

I did find a company that claims to be able to transfer all VHS tapes to MPEG for a fee, so that is what I'll do. Too many nights spent trawling through random forums trying to get this product to work.

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS
11 Comment| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?