on 25 April 2012
I've just installed my desktop PC case in a cupboard in my desk and, predictably, was suffering a lot of noise as the three hard disk drives set up a resonance in the enclosed area.

This mat just stopped that dead.

The mat was a couple of inches too long for the space, but easily trimmed to size with a Stanley knife, and I used the spare to make four small footpads for the case feet, which I put on top of the mat, giving a double layer of mat under the feet.

It's gone from very loud vibration/resonance noise to silence, as quickly as that.

My PC case is already lined with sound-deadening sheets, which as far as I can tell have never made it quieter, so I wouldn't bother with those.
But if your PC is noisy, I'd suggest putting it on one of these mats as the first thing you try.
11 Comment| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details