5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic film! (And I'm a girlie!), 17 May 2006
This review is from: Lara Croft - Tomb Raider/Lara Croft - Tomb Raider: Cradle Of Life [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
Well, what can I say? I'm a great film lover, but can often be found yawning while being made to watch the more 'actiony' type films that my hubby prefers. I have got to shout "Hurrah!" though for this great film.

I have to admit straight away that I only watched this because Gerard Butler is in it! After seeing him in Phantom Of The Opera, he made me sit up and take notice! I was very surprised to find then, that I not only LOVED seeing him in all his testosterone pumped glory, but I actually really enjoyed the film and other cast members' performances too!

Angelina Jolie is once again very well cast in the lead role. Her British accent is hard to find fault with. She is very much at home as Lara I think, they are both extremely strong women. I was pleased to find that we get to see a more feminine and vulnerable side to Lara this time too.

Another actor I enjoy to watch is Ciaran Hinds who plays the baddie here. (He also appears in Phantom too, alongside Butler, as one of the Opera Populaire's new owners.) If you enjoy his performance here, you just gotta check him out in The Mayor Of Casterbridge.

I won't go into the plot as other reviewers have pretty much summed it up for you, but I would like to say that the death defying stunts performed here leave you on the edge of your seat...especially the jump off the top of a Hong Kong sky scraper! Phew!

To sum it up then...this is a fantastic, action packed film with plenty of eye candy for both the boys and the girls alike! If like me girls, you'd rather watch something a bit more storylined and dramatic, all I can say is give this one a go...you may well be pleasantly surprised.

(Failing that, it's always worth watching just to see Gerard get his kit off and get down and dirty with Ms. Jolie!!!)

Enjoy! :o)

Be the first person to comment on this review.

[Add comment]