on 2 January 2014
The package says, "Mixes like putty, bonds like epoxy, hardens like steel," when really it should read, "Mixes like day-old Play-Doh, bonds like library paste, hardens like . . . something that never ever hardens."

The directions for use advise to roughen the surface to which you expect this to adhere, which I did. Then, to activate the putty, the directions advise the user to knead the product which will then become warm. That makes sense; an exothermic reaction between its components will allow for adherence. Though logical, it doesn't happen appreciably. I kneaded and kneaded with very little warmth to the product at all. Still, I persevered, affixing the two roughened edges of plastic together with a suitable amount of this ever so slightly warmed putty. Finally, after several maneuvers, I got it to adhere and clamped the plastic on either side of the repair overnight. The next day, it remained as putty-like as it was to begin with, despite package claims that it, "sets up in 5 minutes."

And just how pray tell did this product ruin the trusting relationship I had with my cat, Bruce? Well, you see, years ago when he was just a wee kitten, I bought him a (then quite pricey) electronic cat toy that utilized fuzzy logic to create random motion (it was the first generation of its kind). It was, of course his very favorite toy to use during my sixteen hour absences from home (a girl's gotta work to buy cat toys, after all), until one of the humans in our life crammed it into a confined space of inadequate height, thus snapping the swing arm in half. Despite my diligence and mad internet shopping skillz, I was unable to find a suitable replacement. Electrical tape failed to provide an adequate or lasting repair. The toy, with which neither of us could bear to part, with relegated to my to-be-repaired shelf for at least two years.

Then one day, while reading reviews as part of a search for the ultimate cordless phone system, I happened upon a recommendation for this product from another reviewer, who claimed that it would work perfectly to repair the regularly prematurely breaking earpiece of a Panasonic phone system (about which many reviewers of the phone system had complained). I purchased both the phone and the QuikSteel that day, promising Bruce, the cat man, that I'd finally repair his toy. Both items were Prime Eligible at that time.

Poor Bruce anxiously awaited the arrival of the QuikSteel, even running to answer the doorbell several times in the intervening two days.

Finally, the miracle cure for his toyless woes arrived. He patiently sat by while I rigorously kneaded the putty. He checked on his clamped toy multiple times during the 24-hour cure time. When the time came, and I gently removed the clamp, his toy was in pieces again before we even managed to turn it on once. He stayed mad for days, and I think just a bit of his trust eroded that day.

So, keep your cat happy and do not buy this product. And if you don't have a cat, don't buy it anyway, because it doesn't work at all.
What's this?