on 13 August 2009
THIS RE-IMAGINING OF FRIDAY THE 13TH IS .....TOTAL GARBAGE!A TRUE WASTE OF TIME.FROM WHAT I READ IT WAS AMALGAMATING THE FIRST 4 FILMS BUT WITH ITS OWN MODERN STYLE-I COULDNT WAIT!I MUST SAY IM A HUGE JASON FAN AND HAVE SEEN ALL THE FILMS,AND AFTER WATCHING THIS ID HONESTLY SAY ID RATHER WATCH ANY OF THE PREVIOUS ENTRIES(PART 7 IS MY PICK AS THE BEST)AS OPPOSED TO THIS.THE KILLINGS,WHICH LESS FACE IT ARE WHY YOU WATCH THIS KIND OF FILM,APART FROM A FUN ONE INVOLVING A PICK UP TRUCK NEAR THE END,ARE DULL AND FEATURES MANY RIP OFF KILLINGS FROM THE PREVIOUS FILMS LABELLED AS HOMAGE!(ALTHOUGH I GUESS IF YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN THE FILMS BEFORE YOU MAY APPRECIATE THEM).THE JASON IN THESE FILMS IS NOT AS INDESTRUCTIBLE A KILLER LIKE THE LATER FILMS(WHICH PERSONALLY I PREFERRED)-HE'S MORE HUMAN HERE AND THE ACTOR PLAYING HIM DOES A DECENT JOB-BUT HE'S NOWHERE NEAR AS GOOD AS THE LEGENDARY KANE HODDER WHO PLAYED JASON FROM PART 7-10.I MEAN THE USUAL MIX OF FRIDAY THE 13TH IS HERE-I WONT GO INTO THE PLOT AS PREVIOUS REVIEWERS HAVE COVERED THAT NICELY-A SPOOKY SETTING,LOTS OF DUMB TEENAGERS AND SEX,AND BY THE WAY THE FINAL SEX SCENE IS TRULY LAUGHABLE-BUT ITS ALL BEEN DONE BEFORE AND BETTER.
IF YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN A FRIDAY THE 13TH I'D RECOMEND THIS FOR A WATCH BUT FOR DIE HARD FANS I WOULDNT BOTHER BUYING-I PAYED £18 AND THIS A BAD ENTRY IN MY BLU RAY COLLECTION.
One person found this helpful
|33 Comments|Report abuse| Permalink