Kylie’s 6th studio album and 7 in total, which was to be her final on the Deconstruction label, where again Kylie experiments with new sounds such as trip hop and indie rock, which seemed to be a bit too exereme for the record buying public to handle as this became her lowest selling album to date, and didn’t make much of an impact on the charts.
1. Too Far 5/10 A weird way to start the album, beginning in almost spoken words and then bridging into trip hop, a bit too strange for my taste.
2. Cowboy Style 8/10 This is more like it, a funkier sound and different to anything that came before, released only in Australia as the 4th single, but in all a decent track.
3. Some Kind Of Bliss 10/10 Kylie goes indie rock on this track, and again a new direction never heard before, despite being the first single, it didn’t set the charts alight but in my opinion this song is still one of my faves from the album, I find it catchy and quite funky.
4. Did It Again 10/10 Now this is more like it, with Kylie going a bit more rock with trip hop influences and especially loved the guitar twangs to this song, and became the 2nd single and had much more success putting Kylie back in the top 20.
5. Breathe 9/10 Slowing the pace down a bit, is this gorgeous track, that would become the 3rd and final UK single and really takes you to another place, making it very psychedelic.
6. Say Hey 7/10 Another track that seems to take you to another place, a funky dance type number, where Kylie’s vocals shine.
7. Drunk 6/10 A bit to all over the place for me, just couldn’t get into this track at all, I do like the fact that Kylie’s trying something different, but this track is just way too out there.
8. I Don’t Need Anyone 8/10 Again another funky indie rock number, but with a bit more dance to it, and I love the chorus which really makes this song work.
9. Jump 6/10 A trancey number, where her vocals sound a bit strained in my opinion.
10. Limbo 7/10 A rocky start infused with trip hop, Kylie really sounds quite bouncy on this track.
11. Through The Years 5/10 A slowdown trip hop number that is not one of my faves, this just doesn’t really go anywhere.
12. Dreams 8/10 A great way too close the album, with this lovely ballad with beautiful sounds and Kylie really belts out the chorus.
HIGHLIGHTS = COWBOY STYLE, SOME KIND OF BLISS, DID IT AGAIN, BREATHE & I DON’T NEED ANYONE.