on 16 October 2012
This excellent book is a must-have addition to the "Get Rid of Your Accent" - course. I bought the first book in this series six years ago when I was working for a bank in London City. My heavy Russian accent was causing substantial problems in communication between me and my work colleagues and I wanted to do something about it.

It would not be an exaggeration to say that this pronounciation course had changed both my personal and professional life. My spoken English has improved dramatically. My colleagues and friends no longer needed to ask me to repeat what I said. Phone conversations with our IT specialists in Chennai stopped being a linguistic torture. What is most important, ability to pronounce English correctly gave me a totally different level of self-confidence.

However, I always felt that this course would benefit from using a more business-oriented vocabularly. This new book provides a perfect answer to my wishes. All exercises use modern business vocabularly that one encounters every day in the news and at work. The quality of soundstracks, clarity and articulation of the recorded voices are impeccable. Explanations of individual sounds are clear and down to the point. The book greatly benefits from adding exercises with short phrases and revision passages with longer texts.

If English is not your native language and you need to use it in your daily life, my advice is simple: get this book! You will not regret it.
0Comment| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?