on August 4, 2013
I would love to have given this book more stars, but grammar and spelling are SO important, and even if the author could not get a professional editor, surely a friend with a good grasp of grammar and spelling would have read it through for her and corrected the worst of the mistakes.
'Their' is always spelled 'there' and 'to' has a random number of ''o's, not related to the sentence. There are made-up words (aluminous??) and just too many things wrong to make it easy to read.
PLEASE get someone to go through it again and correct it for you Tracy, as the basic story of your family's love for each other and your sister's bravery deserve to be set down in a way that makes it easy to read and doesn't leave the reader crabby (me in this case, but I see I am not alone). I feel I'd love to correct it and make it better so that you didn't get so many negative comments and more people would enjoy it.
If I'd read the reviews first (I usually do, but was in a hurry) I would never have bothered to download it, purely because I can't abide poor editing. So please find someone who'll 'fix it' for you and you'll have much better reviews and more readers.
11 comment| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?