on 30 March 2010
I bought this cable to use with my PS3. It arrived the next day, (Funny Thing: I got dispatch email from Amazon 2 days after I received the cable, so don't bother just in case you don't see any update on your package tracking). The wire works perfectly. Super fast delivery, extremely happy with the service.

As I said earlier I bought this cable especially for PS3. For the first 3 days I tried almost everything but couldn't get any sound. I kept reading different forums to check what I was doing wrong but no use. I thought it was a faulty cable or something wrong with my PS3 settings. In the end it turned out that you have to pay attention to your sound system, to make sure it has proper settings as well. Just to help out anyone out there like me. I will write down the whole procedure.

1. Put one end of the cable in optical socket of PS3. (There is only one, so you can't get it wrong there)
2. Just to check if your cable is working fine, check if you are getting the Red Light coming out from the other end. If its not, its either something wrong with your connection/PS3 or the cable.
3. Put the other end of the cable in the Digital Input socket of your sound system.
4. Go into your PS3 "Sound Settings" & check Digital Optical, then select DTS Dolby 5.1 CH & DTS 5.1 Ch ( Two Linear options would be already selected by default, leave them as they are)
5. With your joy stick move to next screen & complete the process.
6. Go into the DVD/BD options screen and under output, select "bitstream" rather than linear PCM. (It should be in the sound settings but I don't know what the PS3 team is thinking)
7. Last step make sure that your system is set to receive "Digital Input", If you selected any other source as sound input then you will not get any sound (as it happened to me). I suggest you check manual for your sound system just in case.

& by now you should have amazing sound & you will agree with me it will totally change your gaming/movie experience. I would recommend everyone to buy one. If you haven't already you are missing out.

One last thing: As other reviews on similar products have mentioned as well, Optical Sound has NOTHING to do with the cable being "Gold Plated". Don't even bother paying extra for those cables.
0Comment| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?