on September 19, 2013
I rarely give a rating of 5 for any book as I tend to find a portion not ideal to my comprehension or taste, But The Grail Knight would in my view score a 6 star rating, if it were possible It is absolutely fabulous, right from the first to the last page. In many historical fiction books, the main character or characters go through the motions of preparing for the main event, usually a battle, siege or duel. However, this has everything; loyalty, fellowship, adventure, heroism, valour, drama, revenge, history, battle, siege, legend, myth ....all very well combined to give an exceptional read. IMO it is my favourite of the five Warlord novels and I can't wait until the next part.
When I started reading Angus Donald's books I was very sceptical about the whole cliche surrounding the Robin Hood storyline, but I was so pleasantly surprised at the way the author has written this saga accross 5 volumes so far, may there be a few more. I do hope once this series is finally concluded, Angus selects another historical genre and provides an equally sensational read.
What's this?