on 26 December 2012
I've lifted weights on and off for several years and although I've read several books / articles on the subject, I've often found that they're either overly complicated, too ambitious or provide conflicting advice which sooner or later lead to me losing motivation. With my fortieth year fast approaching, I decided to make one final concerted effort to get in shape and was in need to a new book to inspire me. I came across this e-book whilst browsing on amazon and for the £2 asking price thought I'd give it a go. I wasn't disappointed.

Although its a relatively short read (I got through it in a few hours) I though it was excellent. I liked the way the book was structured' with the introduction proving a brief history of the rise and fall of the sport of body building. Subsequent chapters covered all the basics I was looking for. Chapter 1 'Why Bother?' was a timely reminder of why I wanted to return to weight training. Chapters 2 - 5 covered lots of the fundamental info you require before you pick up a dumbbell; is your choice of gym a good one? Are you wearing the right clothes ? And how much time and money should you be spending?

Section 2 (chapters 6 - 8) provides a useful insight into the psychology of bodybuilding with the clear message that you should aim to be the 'best YOU can be' through simple hard work, no gimmicks or drugs.

Section 3 (chapters 9 - 14) gives details of how each body part should be trained, the various techniques you use to do so, the ten best and worst exercise and a useful 7 day planner for how you can schedule your weights / cardio work outs.

Section 4 ( chapters 15 - 16) explains why cardio vascular exercise is so important whilst Section 5 covers the all important subject of nutrition, and provides lots of interesting information on how to get bigger 'clean'.

In summary, although I had read some of the information provided in the e book previously, its written in an entertaining, no nonsense style and there was lots of new, useful information too. Recommended.
11 Comment| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?