on 20 May 2004
I enjoyed this book immensely. The plot is great, although flawed on occasion. However it will keep you thinking well after the book. The prose is a little static and the flow seems to be missing. It certainly has a "new-author-first-book-with-potential" feel to it. In fact the writing reminded me of those readers digest recommended thrillers or westerns you'd get at your grandparents house. I feel a better editor might have raised this to a great novel rather than a good read.
Despite the above criticism, I would thoroughly recommend this book to anyone with a love of conspiracy theory or wanting a light read with a fascinating storyline. I gave this to my significant other who is not much of a reader, and he was wowed by it. I have also lent it to other men as it has a "blokey feel" to it. All have enjoyed.
It is really a three star however I an enjoyed it like a four. It was a bad novel but a good book. It seems to me this would make a better film than a novel - and how rare is that?
3 people found this helpful