on 19 January 2011
A friend of mine bought this, hated it as it ground her blades down, and asked if I wanted to try it.

Thankfully I only used a £10 cheapy knife to try it because of her warning, as if I had used it on one of my £100+ knives and watched all of those metal shavings come off I'd have been furious. All sharpeners obviously take some of the blade off, but this should be a minimal amount and certainly not shavings as this did - there were actual tiny curls of metal in them.

Admittedly the knife (well, most of it, as the tip didn't want to know) was sharp after going through this, but that's a moot point really as if I used it a few more times I reckon I'd have ended up with something resembling a scalpel more than a paring knife.

This is now in the bin where it belongs and I'm carrying on with my whetstone - laborious maybe, but at least my knives won't disappear after a few uses.
0Comment| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details