on 16 February 2005
I first heard The Frames on the Chicago morning radio show, Mancow. I had to hear more... Once I heard some samples, I got Fitzcarraldo, Dance the Devil, and For the Birds from Amaxon.co.uk and had them shipped here to the US. I enjoy Fitzcarraldo the most - the mix of violins, soft lyrics with rock chords, and the unique sound of Glen's voice - make this the best band I've never heard of.
I just purchased Set List and Burn the Maps and I plan on seeing them on March 5th in Chicago. They recently received a great review in Blender Music Magazine for Burn the Maps... I hope The Frames catch on outside of Ireland and the UK - they really deserve it!
What's this?