on 3 December 2013
Splashing out nearly a £100 for a hairdryer does preclude some research. I did just that, and the results seemed to indicate that Parlux's new module is just the ticket for great hairdrying.
Delivery was fast, as always with Prime - no fault in that.
I faced my first disappointment upon unpacking the dryer: it came with a continental two pin plug. I wasn't overly worried (as I have several converters at home and this happened before with other items) but I checked the product description and that does not mention this issue. So I contacted Amazon, who told me that this was sent to me in error, however, even if they organise a replacement it would be with a two pin plug. (Then how can this be an error? Never mind.) Amazon promptly applied a 10% refund and asked me to purchase my own plug converter. Fair enough.
Then the next (bad) surprise came upon switching on the dryer - I expected the low, robust purr of a professional dryer. What I got was a rickety high pitch noise, reminiscent of the dying noises of my beloved old dryer which gave up its soul just two days prior after 5 years faithful service. Not good.
On the plus side, after getting over the first two disappointments, it did dry my hair quickly - although nowhere near the "silky, flawless finish" the ionic and ceramic nature of the product suggest.

And then came the final blow: upon switching out the dryer sparks just by the switch under the plastic handle became visible - two spark each time we switched off the dryer, to be precise. At that point I made my mind up to return it - together with the diffuser I bought with it. No point pushing this any further: the two pin plug, the dying noise, and then the sparks just made the purchase of this product an exercise in futility.

Shame, as the performance when it come to drying was rather good. But does not worth risking electrocution.
0Comment| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.