on 22 August 2008
After all the hype I checked the album out. My first response was resignation. Resignation to the droll cliché of punk in 2007/8. I tried to like it but I listen to too much punk for this to excite me. I laid back and listened a few times but nothing roused me. It isn't bad - some of it would be ok if it didn't remind me of a retrogression to the horrible English hardcore bands of the 1980's.
There's no politics here. No existentialism. No situationist slogans. Or nihilism even. Actually, there's not really much angst either, despite the aggressive delivery. There's no humour, just irony. There's no swagger: punk was always rock n roll. They seem to have the attitude of some of the more public US punk/hardcore bands, which is 'we have nothing to say so let's burn ourselves out screaming "fire!"'.
For some reason they remind me of the Exploited.
I don't know but I would guess these guys are from the suburbs and liked to practice in the semi-detached-with-garage.
I would recommend listening to the Bronx.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details