on 29 March 2014
If you are traveling during the off season, this book is fairly useless. I visited in March, not realising that many/ most places and facilities don't open until April. So all three recommended restaurants in Sorrento, for example, were closed. The only two maps are of Naples and Pompeii, and the map of Pompeii is useless.
The major attractions of Pompeii and Herculaneum were given just 4 pages, which seemed completed unsufficient.
Perhaps I found this book just OK because I didn't go to Naples or Capri, but I can certainly say that the Amalfi coast is not described well or in much detail at all. I relied on Trip Advisor and generally using Google to get the information I wanted.
I know there's only so much one can expect from a pocket guide, but I expected more than what I got from this book I'm afraid.
What's this?