on 2 July 2013
I was slightly too young and not into music enough in my youth to listen to My Bloody Valentine when they released their first two albums, although thankfully I grew up and started to listen to real music, and I love Loveless. So I knew what a tough act mbv has to follow, and in my opinion it does not a bad job.
My Bloody Valentine really can do shoegaze like nobody else. The sound they get really is almost unique, and it's omnipresent here on mbv. I also am a huge fan of the way that even the vocals are distorted and almost hidden away, as thought it's not the lyrics that are important, or even the melody, but rather what they contribute to the sound as a whole. This is very prominent on this album.
'Only Tomorrow' is reminiscent of the Loveless era, but with a slightly more melodic approach. Another track that I really like is 'In Another Way', it just feels almost relentless with it's driving drum beat and rapid chord progression. The strings and vocals just help to really add depth to the track and bring it all together nicely.
I like this album a lot, but it's no Loveless, but then it was always going to be hard to top that. Although with a good set of headphones and no distractions, I think this is a really good album. If you forget about Loveless, as it was nearly twenty years since its release, then this is a fantastic album in its own right, and will no doubt be in my top 5 for the year.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.