Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Now Learn More Shop now Shop now

10 December 2013
This has to represent the best value read ever released for the Kindle and I'm jealous of anyone lucky enough to stumble on the wonderful Black Swan world as a result of thinking, "Oh I'll risk it for 77p, even if I've never heard of the writer/books."

A Tale of Two Kingdoms continues the Black Swan history with Aelsong and Duffy's story. There's a healthy dose of new characters and significant roles for Elora and Rammel, hooray. The writing is intelligent and the characters loveable, amusing and just plain wonderful. (Well, apart from the obligatory villain, of course and even he turned out to be a surprise after his cameos in previous books.)

I've already got the first 5 in the saga and if there's any criticism I could make it's that number 6 seems a little shorter than some of the others. Victoria Danann could release a new 500 page episode every month and it wouldn't be enough! Still, how handy it's going to be to read everything in one volume the next time the Must Read Them Again bug strikes. The Collected Tales, Black Swan 1-6 is worth more than a mere 5 stars: I'd give it 10 if I could.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink