on 4 April 2012
I haven't read a chicklit book in over two years. I think the last series I read was the Shopaholic series and I stopped at Shopaholic and Baby. However, this did catch my eye when I read a review in a magazine and I have to say that although it was very funny in places I was expecting to be a little more 'wowed' by it. As is goes, it's the same old formula and you can tell how the story will end half way through the book. However, it was still enjoyable in places but during the last quarter I found I wanted it to hurry up and get to the HEA because I was pretty sure where it was going.

Although I did sympathise with poor Rory's situation (The ex was a true pig) I often wanted to shake her as she seemed to be so insipid and wimpish when it came to him. I felt she let him get away with so much. Yet..she was very abrasive and outspoken to people in her every day life and those who were nice to her. I mostly enjoyed the scenes in her workplace, especially with the Totetastic Toffs. I could not help but chuckle at her posh workmate, Ticky. There were some brilliant lines from her and for me, she was definately the best character in the book.

This is a fun, fluffy read. If you're into chicklit then I'm sure you will love it. If you fancy reading something that won't tax your brain but will definately have you laughing on the train to work then this would be a good book to chose.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details