on 11 July 2009
I am a fan of Mr Eriksons Mazalan Book of the Fallen series and have spent many a sleepless night unable to put the previous books down. Having said that, I was somewhat disappointed on this latest installment. This one actually had me falling asleep while reading!

I think the problem is that the story line was too converluted, the writing too 'flowery' in places and, as a result, I lost track and lost interest for the first 2/3 of the book.

But I did persevere and in the last third, the multitude of storylines started coming together and my understanding and interest was re-invigorated.

To summarise, 'not bad but, tried too hard'
What's this?