3.0 out of 5 stars Sort of works with Benq W1080ST, 26 Aug. 2013
This review is from: SainSonic Zodiac 904 Series 144Hz Rechargeable 3D Shutter Glasses for Acer/NEC/BenQ/eMachines/LG/Optoma/Vivitek 3D-Ready DLP Projectors*Black* (Personal Computers)
Okay, I've only tried them out twice and my set-up is temporary at the moment (projecting onto a wall rather than a screen).

My first try out was with Ocean Wonderland 3D blu ray and they were abysmal. The 3D was forever dropping out or becoming inverted and I was incessantly pressing the button on the side to correct it. Complete deal breaker really. It wasn't just an issue with the pair I had as I tried out two (had bought three). I referred to the manual and it said that sitting too close to any electronic devices or other 3D equipment might cause them to malfunction and I had my 3D blu ray player sitting close by and that *might* have had a bearing on it. So I moved the player and moved myself back a bit and it *slightly* improved matters but the issues persisted.

My second try out was with The Nightmare Before Christmas 3D blu ray and I saw a dramatic improvement. The 3D dropped out on a couple of scenes but nowhere near to the extent as with Ocean Wonderland. It changed my position from definitely sending them back to keeping them.

I think I need my home theatre properly set-up and calibrated to fully evaluate these properly as I still don't know if the position of my blu ray player caused a disturbance; so I'm likely to update this review when that happens in the coming weeks. As it stands, the long term plan is to probably buy the Benq glasses - which unfortunately cost three times the price of these ones - and keep these as spares / for guests if they're still proving to be problematic.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 1 customer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 28 Aug 2013 09:03:45 BDT
wadzees says:
I find mine cuts our whenever there is a bright scene (e.g. in Thor, when there is lightning) - the additional light in the room interferes with the signal and they cut out (meaning they need resetting/inverting once back on). Frustrating, isn't it!

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Aug 2013 12:56:21 BDT
Robin Banks says:
Yes that happened to me on the scene in The Nightmare Before Christmas where the main protagonist stands in front of a full yellow moon which almost covers the screen. If it's because it's blocking the red signal out I wonder if the same would happen with the BenQ glasses?

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Aug 2013 12:56:41 BDT