on 30 May 2010
I think this is probably the first best of I've bought having never heard the band before - in fact it's rare I'll buy a best of of a band I have!! I bought on the strength of other reviews here on Amazon and I'm so glad I did. What a fantastic double album! Highly recommended for people who like Porcupine Tree, Blackfield, Bends era Radiohead, U2 and more radio friendly Verve and Coldplay, and carefully crafted lyrics and music. Why this band aren't more known in the indie/alternative rock world is beyond me (same as Porcupine Tree really!). A blend of the instant and subtle complexity makes this bands sound somewhat unique, and the comparisons I've listed don't sum them up fully by any means.

Excellent production is thrown in the mix - my impression is that the remastering probably isn't a dramatic improvement over original albums - perhaps the remixing holds more of a difference?

If you like any one of the bands I've listed, please try this album! Break a rule like me and by a best of first if you haven't heard them before. I'd be surprised if you don't like it. I'm off to order the original albums........
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details