Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now flip flip flip

on 12 November 2011
I'll make this short and sweet... I freakin' love Dance Central, the game was the only reason I bought an XBOX (I'm a woman in my thirties and thought I'd never own an XBOX). I love the Dance Central playlist (hip hop, r&b and dance) and the choreography is very authentic, the stuff of music videos. I originally had a Wii but I wasn't feeling the avatars, playlist and choreography of Just Dance, just wasn't my cup of tea, it had a more universal commercial feel. The animated avatars/characters on Dance Central look great and the dance environments provide a great atmosphere (unlike Just Dance). As much as I loved Dance Central 1, it wasn't perfect!

HOWEVER....

With Dance Central 2 Harmonix fixed every grip I had with Dance Central 1.

TWO PLAYER MODE
Now two players can battle each other simultaneously, with the previous version of Dance Central you had to perform separately and compare scores after the second player had perfomed.

FREESTYLE MODE
Freestyle mode in the middle of the choreography is now optional (for new routines), I personally didn't care for it as I wanted to perform choreographed moves from start to finish without interruption.

WORKOUT MODE
The workout mode has been developed to meet the needs of consumers wanting to use dance central primarily as a fitness tool. DC2 offers continuous songs using playlists so you don't have to stop every few minutes to choose another song/level/dancer (keeping ones heart rate up). Also the ability to switch off free style mode, aids with the quality of the workout.

BREAK IT DOWN MODE
Enables users to learn the choreography step by step outside of the game mode, DC2 now allows players to jump straight to the moves you have problems with.

Can't recommend this game enough...
If you love to dance...
If you enjoy hip hop, r&b, dance and dance hall music then you'll enjoy this game.
There are hundreds of videos online showing the gameplay so check those out before you make a purchase.

Finally I only have one criticism, it would be great to have a larger selection of avatars, apart from that I'm very happy with the game.

PS You can transfer the songs from DC1(for a small fee)as well as previously downloaded content to DC2
41 people found this helpful