on 10 December 2008
I was intrigued by this book, and read the first part with great interest but gradually I became suspicious of some of the claims made. On close inspection of a gigantic bibliography I realised that a lot of this author's research is based on secondary research and much questionable information. Also, where one would like to look at the origins of some of his statements there were no references. For an historian to get simple schoolchild facts incorrect makes the book totally unbelievable...Edward I, he claims, expelled the jews in 1209...Edward wasn't even born in 1209! Merrie England, according to the Oxford dictionary of Etymology, has nothing whatsoever to do with Mary England. If I had produced this work for my history degree my tutor would have drummed me out of my class.
It makes me angry that a subject The Magdalene Legacy: The Jesus and Mary Bloodline Conspiracy - Revelations Beyond "The Da Vinci Code"sensitive to many people can be so degraded by guesswork and poor factual research. I am glad to note that this book is not classified as History.
11 Comment| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?